Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Color Dare Challenge

While blog surfing I discovered The Color Dare and I loved the color combination for the challenge. I am so excited to be participating in a second challenge!!

As soon as I saw Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz and Vanilla I thought of my Build A Bear Dies. I got them a while ago and have been really excited to use them. This was the perfect opportunity!
I started with the chocolate chip to make the bear, then did the skirt, jacket and purse with the tempting turquoise. The purse and flower were from the berry girl add on. Vanilla shirt and it was a complete outfit. (I would love some suggestions or input on her eyes. I did not like making them lighter, but I feel like they are hidden in her face. Suggestions?)

I tried to use the Pear Pizzazz for her shoes and purse, but just did not like the combination so I went for a flower. I love the bird punch with the leaves. I use it all the time. After adding a rhinestone and a little hello, the card was close to being done.

One I put it all together on the vanilla background it seemed very stark so I grabbed my Big Shot once again to add some subtle texture. Overall I really like how it turned out.

If you like the color combination and want to play along head over to The Color Dare and enter! Can't wait to see what you have come up with!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you using the Build a Bear die! Love Tempting Turquoise! Not sure what to tell you about the eyes of the bear...are they chocolate chip right now or did you use black? I've seen some where they have put a black behind the "face" and it shows up through the nose, mouth, and eyes. Don't know if that will make a difference at all. I love seeing what you're creating...keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Kim! He's fun to play with! Thanks for joining our Color Dare challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the Build a Bear - she looks cute! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh clever little bear card, Kim! Thanks for playing with us at the Color Dare!
    Have a fantastic day--

    --Kathryn
    http://kitchentablecrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete