Saturday, June 4, 2011

PPA96 Color Challenge

I have followed Mary Fish for a long time. She has amazing ideas, inspiration and helpful hints. Each week she does a color challenge and I decided to play along.

This week the challenge is to use More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy. However as an added twist it needed to be a masculine card. Male cards are not the easiest for me. I like cute, flowery, soft, etc. But I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and participate. This is what I came up with...
I started with the Coast to Coast stamp set and sponged the blue and more mustard. Then I used blender pens and the cherry cobbler to color in the lighthouse.

After finishing the coloring and sponging, I really did not like the straight edges so I tore them to increase the texture of the card.

Finally I layered the colors onto a sponged piece of white cardstock, added a sentiment and that's it. Simple, but I think it is effective in colors and masculinity.

If you feel a crafty spark, head over to Paper Pals and play along.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful birthday card! Great job coloring. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the colors, Kim! I'm going to have to look through your stash for some "man" stamps...I don't have any!! :) So happy to see you playing in your stamp room again!

    ReplyDelete