Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SPCC #102 - Yep Another Challenge

Ok...I am loving the crafty spark I am having while exploring the blog world. After the kids went to bed, I headed up to my stamp room to create another card.

Here is the color challenge...Isn't that a beautiful combination!!This is the card I made.
I began with the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set (retired from Stampin Up). Once I had the flowers made I wanted to add some kind of layering. I do not have the river rock stamp pad or pen so I could only incorporate the color with paper...thus layering.

The layered scallop punch was to create some dimension to the layering. I love the color combination and plan to make a few more of these to have on hand.

Head over to Scrappers Paradise Color Combinations to play along.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for catching the crafting bug!! Aren't all of these color challenges SO FUN!? I haven't seen this challenge before! Love the layered border punch look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim! I saw your questions and so I am going to try my best to answer them :)

    1. The links are supposed to show up directly at the end of the post, but for some reason the linky thing was funky this week and I just was able to fix it.

    2. To get your direct link, click on the title of the post you want the link to, and then you can copy and paste it from the top navigation bar, it will have some extra stuff at the end of your normal blog link like this: http://tmi-toomanyinterests.blogspot.com/2011/06/spcc-102-yep-another-challenge.html

    I got your project added this time, so glad you played along!!

    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Kim! I love the 3 focal points and those borders are awesome - thanks for playing with us at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card! Love the borders! Thanks so much for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's such a great idea, those scalloped circles behind the flowers! I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete